Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Time Fun

I have been begging Kyle for the last 4 years to go and cut down our own Christmas Tree, and this year it finally happened. Thanks to Teague, he was a good excuse to help me melt daddy's heart so he would take us. We had so much fun, I hope that we can continue the tradition every year and not every 4 years!!! It was quite the drive from Pocatello, and it was getting close to dark so we really had to hurry. And not to mention that it was freezing! Teague never, I mean never travels well on any car ride. So it was exhausting keeping him entertained the whole time. We looked for all sorts of animals, sang Christmas songs, and of course ate doughnuts!!! Or as Teague calls them " Dondoughs"??? We picked a tree right along side of the road.

He was so glad to be out of the truck, and loved playing in the snow.

He wouldn't leave his gloves on, he liked to pick up the snow and say BRRRR. Look at how happy he was!!!! That's what makes it all worth it.
I thought that the saw might scare Teague because it was so loud. He didn't care at all. In fact look at his eyes in this next picture.
He loved cutting down the Christmas Tree.
Daddy and his little helper

We were so cold. But it sure was a blast. I told Kyle on the way home, wow you cant beat a five dollar Christmas Tree. He said ya but what about the gas to get here (it was about 2 hours one way) and the treats we got at the gas station?? I said that doesn't count!! haha

It was a little rough decorating the tree with Teague, but he was so into it and had so much fun. He wanted to help with the lights, but pretty much just tangled them all up for me. I suppose he was trying to making it easier for me. I just let him have at it with the bulbs. I figured that it didn't matter what it really looked like. The memories and letting a little boy get so excited about helping mommy was a lot more important. I believe the tree has been redecorated by Teague everyday since. As soon as he wakes up we turn on the Christmas Tree lights and move the star down closer to the stable counting down the days. Everything Christmas Teague calls "ho..ho..".

Here is our Christmas Tree all decorated.

These are the stockings that I made for us this year. It was a lot of work, and very time consuming but I am so proud of the way they turned out!!

I hand stitched around our names, and all of the snowflakes.
I also made this wall hanging and can't believe that I even finished it. This was my first quilting project. My mom latter told me that I chose a hard block to do for my first time. It's definitely not perfect, but I am told if you can't see it from a galloping horse it doesn't matter. I had a lot of fun making these this year.

A few weeks ago Kyle and I went down to Salt Lake City to attend the Tabernacle Choirs Christmas Concert. Our tickets were on Sunday so we were able to see the Spoken Word and the Concert. It was such a wonderful program and something so special that we were able to see. Natalie Cole was one of the special guests performing, she was AMAZING. The spirit was so strong and it was neat to be able to see President Monson. At the end of the concert he presented the Special Guests with a gift and said he was going to use the seven most important words in the English language. He told them, " We are proud of you." and " Thank you." How simple but that was all that needed to be said. What a great man we have on the earth to lead and guide us. Kyle and I were able to get away by ourselves. It is always nice to be able to talk and just devote our attention to each other once in a while. The weather was horrible on the way down Saturday, and even worse coming home Sunday. It took us 4 1/2 hours to get from Salt Lake to Burley. The roads were so slick, but I am glad that we made it home safely. Even if it meant drive 25-30 mph.

My eternal companion and I in front of the Temple we were sealed for time and all eternity in. I just love him more and more each day. He is truly my best friend. I am so thankful we are an eternal family!

My parents in front of the Salt Lake Temple they were also married in. They went down too, in fact it was my mom who got the tickets. They were smart and left before we did, so they made it home before dark and with a lot better roads.

My precious family ready for church this last Sunday. (I don't like that my face is looking pregnant.)

5 comments:

Eames Family said...

VERY FUNNN! very jelous of all of it... getting to cut down a christmas tree,and getting to go to salt lake! :( and your gorgeous and you DONT look pregnant yet.

Kristy said...

So much fun! I love your tree, it turned out so cute:) You are a cute family...can't wait to see your next little guy.

Turpin's said...

I think you look so pretty!! Your hair is to die for too! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Jill and Travis said...

Oh my goodness, MacKenzie! The stockings and hanging quilt are so cute! Good job! You are such a good mommy letting Teague redecorate your tree daily! I love it. And don't worry, you've got one of the prettiest pregnant faces I've ever seen--lucky duck!

Schwab Family said...

Loved the pictures and you are so crafty.Wish I would have gotten that gene.Hope all is well with your Beautiful little fam.