I don't think I have ever heard her complain, she was always positive about everything. She would say I sure wish I could read, but I am so thankful for all the years that I could read anything I wanted to. We have a huge family on my mom's side and she could name all of her grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren. She would start with each of her six children and name us all one by one down to the great great grandchildren. She knew all about the activities you were in, if you won your ball game and how your recital went. She made you feel like you were so special and her whole world. She loved to spoil us as well, and loved to give us special treats when we would visit her.
She was so strong in the gospel and was our shinning example for so many years. Her Temple Recommend was her most prized possession. She made sure it was always current and even slept with it under her pillow every night. She loved it so much that after the family prayer before they closed the casket they placed her CURRENT recommend in her hands. She leaves such a wonderful example and legacy to follow. She will be greatly missed but lived such a long fulfilled life. I am thankful she was reunited with her husband who has been gone for over 18 years. She was also greeted by so many other family members. She would always joke that it had been so long seeing everyone in heaven that they probably thought she went the other way! ;) What a sweet reunion to see everyone again. I hope that I can strive everyday to be a better person so that I too can be with her , and the rest of my family again!
I LOVE YOU GREAT GRANDMA! TILL WE MEET AGAIN!
Teague was only a few weeks old when we went to Boise to visit his Great Great Grandmother.
She loved holding him and kept telling me how sweet he was, and that he was right from our Hevenly Fathers presence.
I feel so blessed to be able to have this 5 generation picture. How rare to get that many generations together.

3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your great grandma. Sounds like she was a very special person.
So excited to hear that you are having another boy! They will have so much fun together. Congrats!
What an amazing woman!! I want to be like her someday. I'm so sorry about your loss. She really lived, and she gets to be with her sweetheart now. That is awesome.
P.S. your family is so cute!
I loved reading all of your memories of Great Grandma. Your blog is so cute! Miss you
Post a Comment