My baby boy finally decided to come and see us! I had been having contractions off and on Sunday, but they weren't really strong and I definitely wasn't uncomfortable! I was afraid that my body had stopped progressing. I was at a four the week before and when I went to my appointment on Monday I was preparing to hear no progress. While getting ready that morning I kept having the feeling that I needed to take the bags with me just in case. I kept ignoring it and decided that if I took them that I would jinx it and would be mad when I had to take them out of the car when I got home. I was really, I mean really glad when the Dr said I was at a five. He was worried how easily I got to a five that he went and called the birth center. He came back into the room and said are you ready to have this baby!! I was so excited that's exactly what I wanted to hear. But at the same time reality hit and I was nervous. I was glad that I did end up taking the stuff with me. Here is how easy it went to get the little guy here.....
11:30 checked into the hospital
12:30 started pitocin
1:30 Dr broke my water
2:30 got my epidural-lucky enough to get it twice. Hurt so bad it was ridiculous
3:30 at a seven- epidural really not working, except for my left leg
4:00 complete and ready to push.
4:27 Riggins Scott Peterson was placed on my chest healthy, perfect, with his sweet spirit sent
straight from heaven!
I progressed so fast at the end, and needed to push. I was feeling so much pressure, the nurse called the Dr, but he hadn't called back yet. So I couldn't push. Are you kidding me?! The Dr came in and asked if I was ready to push. It only took three sets of pushes and he was here!! I couldn't believe how easy it was! Teague was 16 hours of labor and I pushed for 2 1/2 hours. So five hours of labor was a piece of cake. Plus I didn't have any stitches this time. Recovery has been so easy and I am so thankful for that.
I can't believe the instant love you feel for the sweet baby that you barley met. And I guess the reason all I could picture was Teague when I wondered what he would look like..... is because he looks exactly like him. I can't believe how much they look alike. Even their mannerisms are a lot alike. He even has his daddy's dimples, I love it. My two boys are so special to me. I already can't imagine my life without baby Riggins. He is such a sweet spirit and we are enjoying him so much. He has been such an easy baby, so content.
Big brother Teague is loving him so much. He is so gentle and kind with him. He loves to hold him and give him kisses. Teague is always covering him with blankets and has even shared his cows with him believe it or not. On the other hand he is holding a little grudge against me. He has been quite the handful, and won't let me do anything for him. It makes me feel bad, I hope that we can be friends again real soon. Things have gotten a little better, he just needs mommy time. I have found it really hard to divide my time. I love the newborn stage and just want to sit and hold him. This stage flies by way to fast, and I want to cherish every moment. Then on the other hand my two year old needs me to hold and love him. He needs me to wrestle on the floor, and splash in the bath tub, and sing songs with him. Teague thinks that the baby is eating from my tummy. He tries to lift up the blanket, he says hes checkin on the baby.
We ended up having to stay in the hospital for 3 days!! We had to stay because he wasn't eating very good, so they wanted to make sure things were going good before they sent us home. Being in the hospital makes the days go by so slow. We were so ready to leave and take our sweet baby to meet his big brother.
Holding my precious baby boy! I love him so much!
Proud daddy!
Big Brother Teague! He was so excited to see his little brother.
We took Riggins to the nursery so that Teague could see his baby brother. He kept asking if he could hold him.
Ready to leave the hospital.
Daddy and Riggins more than ready to leave the hospital!
Looking just like Kyle's baby pictures. I love this picture
All dressed and ready to go home.
He is so small in his car seat
He was so excited we couldn't get Riggins out of the car seat fast enough.
Riggins better get used to the kisses and Teague being in his face constantly!!
He was talking in his baby talk and kissing him like crazy. We are teaching him to be very soft and gentle.
My two little boys look so much alike its crazy! Here they are in the same outfit.
Riggins Scott Peterson 4 days old 4-23-2010
Teague Kyle Peterson 3 days old 4-5-08
AND THEN..........
We took him to the Dr on Friday to make sure things were still going good. They did a biliruben test on him and come to find out it was way too high. When we left the hospital that Wednesday he was at a 4, Friday he was at 18.5. I had a feeling when the nurse was drawing his blood that it was going to be too high. So needless to say we ended up back in the hospital. Mommy had a really hard time, I cried when the Dr said we needed to go to the hospital, then I cried again getting him undressed and putting him in this awful thing with foam glasses covering his eyes. I think the worst part was watching him just lay in there and not being able to hold and snuggle my little baby! Daddy really didn't like seeing him like that either. He came to the hospital and the look on his face showed how his heart was breaking when he saw his little buddy in there. We had to stay 24 hours so they could monitor and check him. They came in every 6 hours to poke his little heel, checked his temperature, and vitals a ridiculous amount of times. By the end he was so sick of being poked and bugged, he was not liking laying there all by himself the whole time. Kyle and I talked about how thankful we were that it was kinda minor, and not watching out little guy in the NICU or something. My heart goes out to those parents who do have to go through that. I had such a hard time putting those nasty goggles on his little eyes when he had them open. I always waited until he went back to sleep before covering up those sweet little eyes. I took him back to the Dr this Monday and his levels were back up again, but not high enough to send us to the hospital. So we are just watching him closely. The Dr wasn't too worried about his levels when he saw he had gained 4oz in 2 days!! Guess hes chunkin up!
He couldn't wait to get out of the hospital.
My dad had this on the door when we got back from the hospital.
We are thoroughly enjoying this sweet baby boy!! I love my two precious babies and can't imagine life without them. They make me so happy, I'm so proud to be their mom. Now I think I need to go snuggle my two babies!!

6 comments:
Congrats!!! There is nothing sweeter then a newborn. I love to hold and smell them:) I am glad everything went well for you and you are all healthy. Cute, cute boys you have!!
What a precious little guy! We can't wait to meet him! I am so sorry you had to deal with jaundice and another hospitalization. That's the pits. And by the way, you look so perfect in that first picture--how do you look so good right after having a baby?
YAY!! I have been dying to see this new little guy, he is so cute!! Congrats to you guys! I feel bad seeing him laying there under those lights, that must have been so hard for you. Glad he is doing better though. Joslyn was close but never had to be put in the hospital for it. I can't wait to see him in person!! Congrats again!!
Congras!I loved reading the birth story!I am so glad that it all went well!
HE IS SUCH A HANDSOME BABY BOY!!! Seriously he is adorable! I know what you mean about the days going by slow in the hospital, I could not wait to get out (I was only there for 24 hours with Marley, I made it clear I wanted to be out as soon as possible). Poor little guy seemed to have a rough few days but I'm glad he is here safe and healthy, along with you momma!
He is beautiful! I am so glad that everything is better, and I can't wait to mee little Riggins over the summer!
Post a Comment