Friday, February 12, 2010

Little Things Mean Alot




Here is a list of things that describe my little man who is now 22 months....

-little chatter box
-mommy's helper
-do it himself boy
-best snuggler & slobbery kisser
-animal lover
-prayer reminder
-good eater
-loves to brush his teeth
-daddy's sidekick
-loves his silky blanket
-a teaser like his daddy
-nope, no-way and why are his favorite words
-fun personality
-loves playing outside
-hates car rides (any distance)
-loves to move & shake to music
-is daddy's helper building fires
-little artist
-enjoys bubble baths
-kind hearted

Teague is such a good boy and mommy's little sweetheart!! He loves to help me with anything I do. He has been my assistant chef, house cleaner, grocery shopper, and playmate!! We have had so much fun cooking together, dusting & sweeping, and turning the music up loud to dance dance dance!!! He tells me everyday that I'm his friend and I just love it!

He is a such a good cuddler. Kyle and I still rock him to sleep pretty much every night! We both love holding him and letting him fall asleep in our arms. Then kiss him and tuck him into bed.

He has been our little prayer reminder-er lately. He never lets us forget to bless the food and say prayers before bed. We were driving home the other day and we were passing the church. Teague said, "Church Today" we told him nope not today. So he sat there a few seconds and said," Temple Today" I thought it was so cute. He is so little, but understands so much. I love his sweet little spirit. I feel so blessed that we get to have him in our home every single day. Now if only he will stay in the nursery. He would do a lot better if he could just play on the bouncy horse the whole time, and not have to sit still in a chair.

He is understanding (somewhat) that his little brother is coming soon. He says, "Big Brother." But still isn't going to share his cows with him or his blankies. Last night we went to a friends house to take them dinner for their new little baby boy, and Teague wanted to hold the baby so bad. It made me excited for Teague to hold his little brother soon.

He loves to learn new things and cant ask enough questions. Whats this, Whats that. He loves to go exploring outside. He also loves to read books. We read so many books every day. I have been taking him to the DI to pick out new ones and we also find some pretty cool old farm and ranch magazines. He is like a little sponge absorbing things, and remembering everything!!

WHY is his new favorite word. I thought it was cute at first. But after explaining myself so many times I get wore out!! Example- I tell him we need to get dressed. WHY. Because we don't stay in our jammies all day. WHY. They are to sleep in. WHY. and it goes on and on. Finally its like BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!

He thinks that any dirt or mud most of the time is "Cow Pook" (poop) Whenever he does mess his pants its not him but Abby (the dog) who is stinky. She is also blamed for anything that breaks or messed up.
He has no desire to be potty trained! No amount of bribing or praising is working.

I cherish every day I spend with this wild little monkey. I am getting so excited to have two little boys. Although I am so nervous for two little ones. I am working on my patience and trying to forget about things that don't matter in the long run. Time is flying by so fast and I am trying to make each day count!! After all its the little things that mean a lot.

4 comments:

Elise said...

That descirbes Teague to a T. He is such a fun boy with the cutest personality. He will be a great big brother.
Hudson always says, "baby sad" it's sweet that he thinks about her feelings.

Kimberly said...

What a cutie!! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow and LEARN! That's cute about being the little prayer reminder! :) Already a little missionary in training!

Laura Lyden said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten! He is so stinkin cute!

Jill and Travis said...

That is so cute he tells you he's your friend! I love that. You are such a good mommy!