So yesterday afternoon it was just Jerica and I at my parents house we got to talking about things that were going on in her pregnancy. In the things she was telling me we called the Doc and decided that we take her to the hospital to get it checked out. Since she is due like any day now! So all three of us loaded up in the car and away we went. We pull up to the hospital and I hop in the back to get Teague out. Let me mention that the 30 min drive to Burley he was in the back singing and jabbering the whole time. What a happy little guy I thought because most of the time he's screaming to get out of his seat. I get him out of his seat, and I'm thinking I swear I bathed you today! Why do you smell so bad! All of the sudden my hand is wet. WHAT??? So naturally I start examining why and where I put my hand. Sure enough he had messed his pants it was running all the way down his legs. I'd be singing all the way to Burley too if I had been POOPING my pants!!!! It went through his onsie, shirt, and pants!!! So luckily my Mom had met us there she takes Jerica in, and I head to JCPenny's with a child that only has on a diaper, socks and a coat!! No big deal right, you see kids all the time in the winter dressed in that apparel!??!
Normally I am a really prepared Mom, I always pack an extra outfit for him. And let it also be known he has never done that to me!! So of course the day when I'm not prepared and trying to get someone to the hospital he decided it would be the perfect opportunity.
Well it was a good laugh for all of us! You should have seen me trying to clean that child up!! A camera would have been nice to capture the moment, but oh well. To update you on the situation Teague now has new clothes, which he needed so it worked out OK, and JCPenny's had a good sale going on!!!! They discharged Jerica from the hospital contracting and dilated to a 4!!! Yes I said they released her!! Is it me or is something wrong with that!!!! I couldn't believe they let her go!! So we're expecting a baby like an hour now!!!!! Come on Saige we all can't wait to see you!!! Hope your day was every bit as eventful as mine!!
4 years ago

4 comments:
Kids! You can never plan on them! Blow out diapers are the worst to clean up! well it sounds like there could be a baby by now..we can't wait to hear!!!
Wow, what a day. That is what I like about the life of an accountant, it is pretty dull.
Hopefully things are still well with Jerica.
Hahaha! Little guys always seem to do things on their own schedule. I can see you carrying him in to Penny's with his "outfit" on. What a funny image! I love it! I hope Jerica is doing well, as I am guessing/hoping she has had her sweet baby by now!
Kenzie,
I'm so glad I found your blog! Now we can keep up. I feel like I probably haven't seen you since close to graduation!
Your little family is adorable, and I love the stories you've posted.
Post a Comment