Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oregon Coast & Good Friends






















Our good friends Brad and Ashley Terry called us on Tuesday and asked if we wanted to go to Portland to see our other "good friends" Travis and Jill Turner. Travis is going to chiropractic school up there. It was a long weekend so we took advantage of it, and kinda spur of the moment decided to make the 10 hour drive to Oregon. Well worth the brutal car ride. We all had never been to the Oregon coast so we were really excited. It was also Kyle, and Ashley's first time even seeing the ocean. Trav and Jill were great entertainers. They took us all over the city and showed us some amazing sights Portland had to offer! Monday we spent the day on the beach. The boys tried to catch some fish, with little luck in the fish department, we all ended up digging in the rocks for crabs. It was a blast! We played on the beach, collected sea shells, and watched the waves roll in. Kyle and Brad thought it would be a great idea to take their shoes off, roll up their pants and play in the water. Which might I add was freezing!!! It was cold on my hands, I didn't even want to stick my feet in! Well we were all getting ready to leave and go on to another beach, Kyle and Brad were washing their shells off in the water when this huge wave came in! They thought it wasn't that big and didn't bother to move when all of the sudden it came in a lot faster than they were thinking, and got soaked!! Only my husband ;) We had to drive back into town to buy them some pants so that they weren't soaked the rest of the day! We went to see a light house which was really neat, and even saw Sea Lions playing on the rocks in the ocean! To top off the night we built a fire on the beach and roasted hot dogs while the sun was setting! Despite it being a bit chilly we all had so much fun! I couldn't believe how green everything was for it being winter! We left our little Teague Man home with my parents who took great care of him! It was my first time leaving him over night. The longest I had ever been without him was 4 hours. So it was a little hard on me! I went from 4 hours to 4 days! :( He ended up getting really sick and my parents had to take him to the doctor! Of course they didn't tell me until we were home because they didn't want me to worry. But all is well, we're really tired but had such a great time. And are planning to go back this summer!(were going to fly next time!!!) Thanks Jill and Trav for such an amazing weekend! We appreciate it!! I miss you guys and little Ethan already!

5 comments:

mickelsenfamily said...

How fun!!! We are going there this summer...we can't wait! Good job leaving the little man home...I NEVER leave Caleb and had to for 5 days when he was 13 months old. It almost Killed me so I know what you are saying...it's so hard to leave them. Glad you had a good time!

Elise said...

Fun!!! I would love to go there someday.
The first time we left Braiden, we went on a cruise. I bawled when we left, then I was OK during the week but when we got home and I saw him and hugged him I bawled some more. He was looking at me wondering what was wrong. Crazy mother. I've never left Brody or Hudson, we never go anywhere. :(

Kristy said...

Wow, you guys play to much. That looked like a fun trip. Your blog looks pretty good.

Jill and Travis said...

We had so much fun while you guys were here! Thanks again for coming! Also, thanks for the pictures. I hope it's ok that I stole them from your blog!

Kimberly said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! The coast is so beautiful, I bet it was nice and relaxing!